Market research analysts predict that the photo merchandising market in the US will grow during the next few years generating an approximate revenue of $9.2 billion by 2022 * offering a huge growth opportunity for PSPs. For print service providers who are willing to take a chance in a new market, here are a few ideas to consider or share with your customers:
- Target a niche market - PSPs should look beyond their traditional customer base and adopt a business-to-consumer approach. Find a niche to focus on and build a product portfolio. For example, focus on schools and school events—providing photobooks, invitations, canvas wraps, etc.
- Find partners - Find other professionals who can offer an inroad into a new market such as partnering with the local Visitor Center and offering photo cards, posters and banners of local sites or wedding photographers who could offer clients digitally printed fine art and photo gifts.
- Be creative - Use different printing techniques to add additional interest such as foil stamping, embossing or die-cutting.
- Develop a web2print site - Develop a web-to-print site that allows customers to order personalized gifts and items from their own photos on demand.
With the wide range of Kodak wide-format print media, PSPs are positioned to capitalize on these new opportunities. Now with free shipping.
- KODAK PROFESSIONAL Inkjet Photo Paper, Lustre / 255g
- KODAK PROFESSIONAL Inkjet Smooth Fine Art Paper / 315g
- KODAK PROFESSIONAL Inkjet Artist Canvas, Matte Finish / 378g
- KODAK Photo Tex Repositionable Fabric / 6 mil
- KODAK Water-Resistant Scrim Banner / 16 mil
- KODAK Water-Resistant Removable Vinyl / 6 mil